So with school starting up again, I thought that I would share with you guys some important tips that I learned along the way on my college journey, since I am now entering into my senior year. To be completely honest, I really didn’t have the “stereotypical” college experience that you see on TV. I started a year late, and was VERY unsure about what I wanted to do. I also was going through a lot of things personally, but that’s another story. But anyways, here are some tips to survive your college years.
- It’s OK to be a little bit confused about what you want to major in or to drop a class here and there. Give yourself some time in your first year to explore your options and to get a feel for what interests you. Everyone is different when it comes to this situation, some people know exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives and for some it takes a while. Once you finally do know give it 110%, and gain experience by taking an internship or job shadowing.
- If you commute it’s harder to make friends, believe me I know. Just start talking to people in your classes or join a few clubs. Really get involved and a social life will come to you.
- Speaking of a social life, PARTIES. I really didn’t go to many, like I said I really didn’t have the “typical” experience. I went to a community college the first 2 and a half years and now I’m at a university. Just have as much fun as possible, your only young once but just watch out for yourself.
- Balancing work and school can be very difficult. My suggestion is to only work part-time if needed or find a simple job on campus. It SUCKS not having a lot of money, but you have to put school first and concentrate on your grades. Afterall that’s why you are there, and you will thank yourself in the long-run.
- Living on campus. I only lived on campus one semester, my first year at my university and I didn’t really like it. The independence was great, but it wasn’t how I thought it was going to be, it also was a huge waste of money. I didn’t have a roommate either, but if you decide to share a dorm make sure the people that you are living with are compatible with your personality. For example, if you are hermit don’t room with someone who likes to party. Find people that get you out of your comfort zone a little, but that also make you feel comfortable enough to be yourself.
So those are all my tips for college, I hope you enjoyed!
Hi babydolls! I decided to share with you some of my favorites from June, since I haven’t done one of these in a while. Also, some exciting news, today is the one year anniversary of my blog! I can’t believe how fast time flies, and I would just like to say THANK YOU to everyone that has supported me. Let’s make the next year even better!
1.) L’Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Smooth Shampoo
2.) “Peach Bellini” Bath & Body Works Body Lotion
3.) Tazo “Zen” Green Tea K-Cups
4. Pretty in Pink on DVD
5. Britney Spears’ Everytime
1.) CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara in Very Black
2.) MAC Rebel Lipstick
3.) My Hot Pink Slippers from Target
4.) Sweet Spun Sugar Candle also from Target
5.) 90’s Lifetime Movies
1.) Bake cupcakes
2.) Organize your closet
3.) Have an 80’s movie marathon
4.) Read a book (I’m currently reading Holly Madison’s Down the Rabbit Hole, and so far it’s really good. I definitely would suggest it!)
5.) Have a Britney Spears dance party with yourself (I do that everyday lol, but shh don’t tell!)
6.) Give yourself a manicure
7.) Experiment with colorful makeup that you are too afraid to wear (add some color to your life, get creative)
8.) Drink some wine (well, if you are of age…) and let out a good cry (it’s ok girl)
9.) Call ya grandmotha (She probably would love to hear from you!)
10.) Start your very own blog or YouTube channel (You never know where it may take you!)
Fall is quickly approaching and before you know it, the leaves are going to change colors and the weather is going to get chillier. However, besides the beautiful scenery and crisper air, I am most looking forward to my favorite fall essentials and typical “common white girl” seasonal traditions. For instance, Bath and Body Works have the best candle scents out at this time of the year and yes, I would not have a vagina if I did not mention this (I am burning their “Leaves” candle as we speak). Also, I can finally start dressing cute for class, with cozy sweaters, flannels, and booties. Instead of just sporting my same old Victoria’s Secret “Pink” yoga pants, day after day and Tarjay, Old Navy knockoff flip flops. Moving along, to the MAKE-UP! Can I say more. From the burgundy “vampy” lip, to the dark nail polish, I now have the perfect opportunity to show the world how black my soul truly is. One word… Starbucks. I don’t even really fucking like pumpkin, but oh girl, I could consume their pumpkin spice lattes everyday for the rest of my life and die happy. Lastly, and most importantly, Hocus Pocus! Fall is the only time of the year where it is perfectly acceptable for a grown ass woman, in her early 20s to continuously re-watch this childhood classic. This babydolls, is why fall is fucking fabulous!
1.) Fun colored pens to make taking note more exciting and less of a pain in the ass
2.) A planner to stay organized and to always be one step ahead of the game
3.) A funky makeup bag with:
- A compact mirror
- Gloss or lip balm (I love Eos Balms and Baby Lips)
- Hand lotion
- Band-aids (I prefer Hello Kitty or the Disney Princess ones because I am a 5 year old child)
- A hair tie
4.) Gum or breath mints because no one likes the bitch with bad breath
5.) Body spray to stay fresh after gym class or to double as Febreze incase someone sits in front of you that stanks
Going back to school totally sucks but we all have to get through it and work our asses off to make it in the real world. I hope some of my top favorite school bag essentials make your experience a little bit more tolerable.