Inexpensive V-Day Decorations
- Heart garland
- Cozy candles
- White Christmas lights
- Pink or red roses
- Nick nacks covered in glitter dahhhhling
So with school starting up again, I thought that I would share with you guys some important tips that I learned along the way on my college journey, since I am now entering into my senior year. To be completely honest, I really didn’t have the “stereotypical” college experience that you see on TV. I started a year late, and was VERY unsure about what I wanted to do. I also was going through a lot of things personally, but that’s another story. But anyways, here are some tips to survive your college years.
- It’s OK to be a little bit confused about what you want to major in or to drop a class here and there. Give yourself some time in your first year to explore your options and to get a feel for what interests you. Everyone is different when it comes to this situation, some people know exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives and for some it takes a while. Once you finally do know give it 110%, and gain experience by taking an internship or job shadowing.
- If you commute it’s harder to make friends, believe me I know. Just start talking to people in your classes or join a few clubs. Really get involved and a social life will come to you.
- Speaking of a social life, PARTIES. I really didn’t go to many, like I said I really didn’t have the “typical” experience. I went to a community college the first 2 and a half years and now I’m at a university. Just have as much fun as possible, your only young once but just watch out for yourself.
- Balancing work and school can be very difficult. My suggestion is to only work part-time if needed or find a simple job on campus. It SUCKS not having a lot of money, but you have to put school first and concentrate on your grades. Afterall that’s why you are there, and you will thank yourself in the long-run.
- Living on campus. I only lived on campus one semester, my first year at my university and I didn’t really like it. The independence was great, but it wasn’t how I thought it was going to be, it also was a huge waste of money. I didn’t have a roommate either, but if you decide to share a dorm make sure the people that you are living with are compatible with your personality. For example, if you are hermit don’t room with someone who likes to party. Find people that get you out of your comfort zone a little, but that also make you feel comfortable enough to be yourself.
So those are all my tips for college, I hope you enjoyed!
Hi babydolls! I decided to share with you some of my favorites from June, since I haven’t done one of these in a while. Also, some exciting news, today is the one year anniversary of my blog! I can’t believe how fast time flies, and I would just like to say THANK YOU to everyone that has supported me. Let’s make the next year even better!
1.) L’Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Smooth Shampoo
2.) “Peach Bellini” Bath & Body Works Body Lotion
3.) Tazo “Zen” Green Tea K-Cups
4. Pretty in Pink on DVD
5. Britney Spears’ Everytime
1.) CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara in Very Black
2.) MAC Rebel Lipstick
3.) My Hot Pink Slippers from Target
4.) Sweet Spun Sugar Candle also from Target
5.) 90’s Lifetime Movies
Since this is my 10th official blog post, I wanted to share some facts about myself so all of you can get to know me better.
1.) I am an only child, it’s a blessing and a curse lol.
2.) I have a 9 year old (almost 10) black lab mix, named Jake. He is seriously my best friend in the entire world, and if you follow me on any of my social media pages you probably already know what a crazy dog lady I am.
3.) My favorite color has always purple or lavender, but I really have been loving pink lately. Like “Barbie” pink and a soft light pink to be more specific, maybe because of all the cute Valentine’s Day decorations I have been seeing at Tarjay (Side Note: I actually hate Valentine’s Day to be honest).
4.) My middle name is Ann (hence Kelly A.), and all my crazy family members on my mother’s side call me Kelly Ann. They insist that it’s my first full name. They’re very dysfunctional people, infact my entire family is.
5.) Which brings me to my next “fun fact”, I am American, but my nationality is Italian, Sicilian (which is the same thing), German, and Irish.
6.) If you couldn’t already tell, I am obsessed with Britney Spears. My very first CD was her Oops!… I Did It Again album, that my uncle John bought me for Christmas when I was 7 years old. I always had this “soul sister” or “spirit animal” connection to her since I was a little girl. Her personality is very relatable to me. Not that I will ever be a Pop Princess like her, but when she gets on stage she transforms into this powerful divia that slays the dance floor (like an alter ego), but in real life she is supposedly kinda shy and you can totally tell (especially in interviews or old MTV specials) that she is a goofball. Then when she had that rough patch in 2007, anyone who’s ever been through something difficult or suffers from a mental illness could completely empathize with her and now she’s doing so much better (it just shows how strong she really is). Overall, I just adore Britney Spears (this should have been a whole other post haha).
7.) I am addicted to YouTube, I watch it all the time! My favs are Shane Dawson and Trisha Paytas, I like them better than people I know in real life. They are hilarious!
8.) I am 22, but I will be 23 years old on February 8th.
9.) My major in college is currently entertainment management, but before that I originally wanted to be a professional makeup artist (I hate touching people, so it didn’t really work out).
10.) I am a free spirit and I am very much my own person. I love being creative, whether it’s with makeup and fashion, or singing a song and making people laugh. I definitely have that type of a mind set, and I see the world from a different angle than most.
*Bonus 11.) My favorite show is Friends (I have the biggest crush on Chandler Bing, so embarrassing I know), and I love the movies Legally Blonde and Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion (I just had to throw those in there).
I hope this was somewhat interesting, and I tag all of you to do it too! Mwah<3
1.) Bake cupcakes
2.) Organize your closet
3.) Have an 80’s movie marathon
4.) Read a book (I’m currently reading Holly Madison’s Down the Rabbit Hole, and so far it’s really good. I definitely would suggest it!)
5.) Have a Britney Spears dance party with yourself (I do that everyday lol, but shh don’t tell!)
6.) Give yourself a manicure
7.) Experiment with colorful makeup that you are too afraid to wear (add some color to your life, get creative)
8.) Drink some wine (well, if you are of age…) and let out a good cry (it’s ok girl)
9.) Call ya grandmotha (She probably would love to hear from you!)
10.) Start your very own blog or YouTube channel (You never know where it may take you!)