Queens out there, if you are in dire need of a new handbag you can get 70% off + FREE SHIPPING on one from ChicWishList.com with my Coupon Code: SaveOnWishList.
1. Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner
2. Garnier Whole Blends Color Care Mask Argan Oil & Cranberry
3. Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioning Spray
4. Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
There’s nothing left to break, my heart is nearly non-existent. I’ve grown colder, like ice. The pain is withering me away.
In case you were living under a rock, towards the end of 2016 Lady Gaga released her latest album Joanne. The album was inspired and named after her late aunt Joanne (also Gaga’s middle name) who passed away from lupus at the young age of 19. The album itself is much less dance pop, and more so soft rock meets cowgirl. She also has been toning down her usual “unusual” look, which has caused Little Monsters everywhere in the beginning of her album release to question if Gaga has drastically changed too much from the Mother Monster they all know and love. However, after this past week whether you love her or hate her, you can’t deny that she has been on FIRE since her Super Bowl performance.
From the opening number of God Bless America, to flying through the air, and the epic mic drop and big leap off of the stage to exit, Gaga’s halftime show was non-stop WOW. During her 15 minute long performance she managed to sing all of her most known hits and also her newest gem Million Reasons as she played the piano to slow things down for a bit. Even though there was no special appearance by Beyonce as rumored, the energy that her and her dancers brought to the stage is what made the show so mouth dropping and iconic in my opinion. I didn’t even care about watching the rest of the game, well I really didn’t to begin with to be honest lol.
Then later on that week she debuted the music video for her next single John Wayne. All I have to say is sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll. The music video was hot sweeties, with an old school rock feel. However, it’s nothing compared to her Grammys look and performance with Metallica last night. Her makeup and outfit was FLAWLESS. Overall, I have to say that I have grown into a much bigger Gaga fan over this past week, she has proven how diverse her talent truly is. Mark my word, this is her prime as an artist and she can only go up from here.
As you can probably already tell I have decided to officially change the name of my blog to Doll Kel Kel. Kelly the Glitter Bitch is no more, I have thought about this decision for quite awhile now. I appreciate everyone who has followed me, especially since I have not been posting as frequently as I would like. New posts will be coming very soon!
So with school starting up again, I thought that I would share with you guys some important tips that I learned along the way on my college journey, since I am now entering into my senior year. To be completely honest, I really didn’t have the “stereotypical” college experience that you see on TV. I started a year late, and was VERY unsure about what I wanted to do. I also was going through a lot of things personally, but that’s another story. But anyways, here are some tips to survive your college years.
- It’s OK to be a little bit confused about what you want to major in or to drop a class here and there. Give yourself some time in your first year to explore your options and to get a feel for what interests you. Everyone is different when it comes to this situation, some people know exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives and for some it takes a while. Once you finally do know give it 110%, and gain experience by taking an internship or job shadowing.
- If you commute it’s harder to make friends, believe me I know. Just start talking to people in your classes or join a few clubs. Really get involved and a social life will come to you.
- Speaking of a social life, PARTIES. I really didn’t go to many, like I said I really didn’t have the “typical” experience. I went to a community college the first 2 and a half years and now I’m at a university. Just have as much fun as possible, your only young once but just watch out for yourself.
- Balancing work and school can be very difficult. My suggestion is to only work part-time if needed or find a simple job on campus. It SUCKS not having a lot of money, but you have to put school first and concentrate on your grades. Afterall that’s why you are there, and you will thank yourself in the long-run.
- Living on campus. I only lived on campus one semester, my first year at my university and I didn’t really like it. The independence was great, but it wasn’t how I thought it was going to be, it also was a huge waste of money. I didn’t have a roommate either, but if you decide to share a dorm make sure the people that you are living with are compatible with your personality. For example, if you are hermit don’t room with someone who likes to party. Find people that get you out of your comfort zone a little, but that also make you feel comfortable enough to be yourself.
So those are all my tips for college, I hope you enjoyed!
The “undisputed princess of pop”, Britney Spears has finally dropped her new single “Make Me” over this past July. Brit Brit’s song of the summer drove her die hard fans, also known as the Britney Army, “crazy” to say the least. However, the video for the hit song didn’t come out until nearly a month later, on August 5th, leaving her supportive fans with nothing but anticipation for her next move.
When the “Make Me” video finally debuted, the Britney Army was torn. Some fans enjoyed the music video, while most were fairly disappointed in hopes of a “Toxic” #2 to begin the new Britney era.
Snippets of the original video have been leaked all over the internet since the song was first released, but at the last minute Spears and her team decided to re-shoot the entire video (reasons as to why are still unclear at this point), with drastic changes to the original’s concept. The second version seems to be entirely toned down, while still a little sexy and flirty, showcasing a happy-go-lucky Spears just having fun with her girls. There also was a few ads throw into the mix such as EOS lip balms, but hey, it’s all about promotion these days right?
Anyways, in other words, “Make Me” #2 is sort of a reminiscent of Spears’ “Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)”, minus the fabulous dance break and all the greatness about the early 2000’s.
While the original “Make Me” was much more risque, without giving too much away and I quote involved a cheetah, nudity, sweaty male dancers, Britney having sex with G-Eazy, and well, more nudity. Which is EXACTLY what the Britney Army has been craving, and why many are unfortunately unimpressed.
As for my thoughts on the video “Make Me”, I would first like to make it clear that no matter what Britney does I will support it. I will always buy her music even if it’s shitty and I will stan Miss Spears until the day that I die (if you couldn’t already tell). Also, I think that Britney needs to do whatever makes HER happy. Even if that means creating music and content that few will like or moving back to Louisiana, finding a guy, and having more babies. Lastly and most importantly, she DOES NOT deserve any hate or negativity thrown her way, especially from fans. With that being said, I thought that “Make Me” #2 was upbeat and carefree. Not to mention she looked absolutely gorgeous, she looks younger than me and I’m only 23. However in all honesty, I still would have preferred the original. Maybe there is a part two to “Make Me”, it did end off on a cliffhanger. Hopefully she will give the fans what they want, but ultimately at the end of the day it is up to her.
Britney’s latest album Glory will be out later this month, on August 26th and is now available for pre-order. What I hope to hear on her next album is more of the real Britney, and for her voice to be shown in the best light possible. Overall, Britney is an icon and I can’t wait to see what is ahead for the queen of all queens.