A couple of months ago I purchased Covergirl’s Total Tease Waterproof mascara in “very black”. To my knowledge it is a fairly new product and I’ve always purchased Covergirl mascaras in the past due to its affordability. I’m not a huge fan of high-end mascaras, drugstore usually gets the job done. This may sound a little weird to some of you but what initially drew me to this product was the handle of the wand, it kind of reminds of a unicorn’s horn and it’s pink so, hello. However, when I tried it out for the first time I was not impressed.
Keep in mind, I have very long lashes that NEVER CURL. They have a mind of their own and always stick straight out, so I’m used to finding “fail” mascaras. What I’m trying to say is that I was low-key expecting my upper lashes to be clumpy and look like spider legs, but this mascara’s brush has bristles on each side, with one specifically for the lower lashes. What turned me off completely from Covergirl’s Total Tease mascara is that when I applied the product to my lower lashes it was very messy and got everywhere, even when I just used the regular side of the brush. Lastly, throughout the day it was running and smearing, even when I set my under eyes with concealer and powder.
Doll Kel Kel’s Rating: 2.5/5 Stars
Queens out there, if you are in dire need of a new handbag you can get 70% off + FREE SHIPPING on one from ChicWishList.com with my Coupon Code: SaveOnWishList.
(Keep it Jelly Handbag in blue)
1. Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner
2. Garnier Whole Blends Color Care Mask Argan Oil & Cranberry
3. Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioning Spray
4. Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
There’s nothing left to break, my heart is nearly non-existent. I’ve grown colder, like ice. The pain is withering me away.
In case you were living under a rock, towards the end of 2016 Lady Gaga released her latest album Joanne. The album was inspired and named after her late aunt Joanne (also Gaga’s middle name) who passed away from lupus at the young age of 19. The album itself is much less dance pop, and more so soft rock meets cowgirl. She also has been toning down her usual “unusual” look, which has caused Little Monsters everywhere in the beginning of her album release to question if Gaga has drastically changed too much from the Mother Monster they all know and love. However, after this past week whether you love her or hate her, you can’t deny that she has been on FIRE since her Super Bowl performance.
From the opening number of God Bless America, to flying through the air, and the epic mic drop and big leap off of the stage to exit, Gaga’s halftime show was non-stop WOW. During her 15 minute long performance she managed to sing all of her most known hits and also her newest gem Million Reasons as she played the piano to slow things down for a bit. Even though there was no special appearance by Beyonce as rumored, the energy that her and her dancers brought to the stage is what made the show so mouth dropping and iconic in my opinion. I didn’t even care about watching the rest of the game, well I really didn’t to begin with to be honest lol.
Then later on that week she debuted the music video for her next single John Wayne. All I have to say is sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll. The music video was hot sweeties, with an old school rock feel. However, it’s nothing compared to her Grammys look and performance with Metallica last night. Her makeup and outfit was FLAWLESS. Overall, I have to say that I have grown into a much bigger Gaga fan over this past week, she has proven how diverse her talent truly is. Mark my word, this is her prime as an artist and she can only go up from here.
As you can probably already tell I have decided to officially change the name of my blog to Doll Kel Kel. Kelly the Glitter Bitch is no more, I have thought about this decision for quite awhile now. I appreciate everyone who has followed me, especially since I have not been posting as frequently as I would like. New posts will be coming very soon!
So with school starting up again, I thought that I would share with you guys some important tips that I learned along the way on my college journey, since I am now entering into my senior year. To be completely honest, I really didn’t have the “stereotypical” college experience that you see on TV. I started a year late, and was VERY unsure about what I wanted to do. I also was going through a lot of things personally, but that’s another story. But anyways, here are some tips to survive your college years.
- It’s OK to be a little bit confused about what you want to major in or to drop a class here and there. Give yourself some time in your first year to explore your options and to get a feel for what interests you. Everyone is different when it comes to this situation, some people know exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives and for some it takes a while. Once you finally do know give it 110%, and gain experience by taking an internship or job shadowing.
- If you commute it’s harder to make friends, believe me I know. Just start talking to people in your classes or join a few clubs. Really get involved and a social life will come to you.
- Speaking of a social life, PARTIES. I really didn’t go to many, like I said I really didn’t have the “typical” experience. I went to a community college the first 2 and a half years and now I’m at a university. Just have as much fun as possible, your only young once but just watch out for yourself.
- Balancing work and school can be very difficult. My suggestion is to only work part-time if needed or find a simple job on campus. It SUCKS not having a lot of money, but you have to put school first and concentrate on your grades. Afterall that’s why you are there, and you will thank yourself in the long-run.
- Living on campus. I only lived on campus one semester, my first year at my university and I didn’t really like it. The independence was great, but it wasn’t how I thought it was going to be, it also was a huge waste of money. I didn’t have a roommate either, but if you decide to share a dorm make sure the people that you are living with are compatible with your personality. For example, if you are hermit don’t room with someone who likes to party. Find people that get you out of your comfort zone a little, but that also make you feel comfortable enough to be yourself.
So those are all my tips for college, I hope you enjoyed!